What is the best class for DPS

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Gimp4268, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Gimp4268

Gimp4268 Adept

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Wood Elf
    Nightblade
    What class would be the best for DPS
  2. Asuna

Asuna PvE Leader TE Supporter

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Khajiit
    Nightblade
    Due to the way the builds are, weapons being seperate from class any class can dps perfectly, but for Min/Max Honestly I'd say for Melee Single Target Nightblade, Ranged Sorcerer.
  3. Kokopele

Kokopele Wizard

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Argonian
    With guild and weapon abilities too, the question of class may not be the end all of what's the best DPS for single target, aoe.

I think numbers will be pretty close until someone out there can really go through and test a high number of builds together.

With your abilities limited to the available slots and the passives you pick up, it really depends on that combo more then the class you pick.
  4. Hardstyle

Hardstyle Master

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Imperial
    Sorcerer
    Yeah I agree I think Nightblade and Sorcerer are definitely going to be the top dogs.
  5. Issac Vasquez

Issac Vasquez Initiate

Aldmeri Dominion
    High Elf
    Dragonknight
    I absolutely agree with Hardstyle and Asuna, a sorcerer and/or single target nightblade would honestly do the most damage.
  6. Asuna

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Khajiit
    Nightblade
    as a Nightblade I can do a really large sum of aoe damage as well, if built correctly that is, I use a two handed greatsword with Cleave with the ultimate morph and if built right you can almost just spam that while mixing in your magicka type abilities, add that with the siphoning ultimate and aoe is just crazy awesome
  7. DeHei

DeHei Grand Master

Aldmeri Dominion
    Imperial
    Templar
    I agree, Nightblade or sorcerer will be the top dps. But a Templar/Dragonknight in light armor and full on Damage can be a beast too i think. Now its just interesting thinking ;-)
  8. Simsin

Simsin Disciple

I've seen some nightblades with bows that were killing mobs soooo fast...
  9. Isende

Isende Magister TE Supporter

Aldmeri Dominion
    High Elf
    Dragonknight
    you know, i think nightblade and sorc are thought to be "top dps" due to the fact that people see temp/dk as "tanky" or "healie" classes, and haven't yet really explored the dps builds available within those two classes.

i think it's sad to already be asking "what's the best dps?" it means all someone cares about is the numbers -- BIG NUMBERS, MAN! it means no real thought is being given to exploring potentials, or anything else -- just what's gonna stroke the ego with the big numbers?

i know min-maxers will (thank you so much activision/wow) now currently always exist, but i'd really love to see players encourage each other to explore and build what suits one's playstyle best, rather than just blithely, before launch, decide that "mage and sorc will be the powerhitters."

let's bring exploration back to gaming, folk. exploration of the world, the lore, and of the myriad ways to build a character. let's remember what it was like to learn new things, to make that build that worked surprisingly well. let's teach, if possible, people to reclaim that sense of achievement when their hybrid custom-whatever build works, and works well.
  10. Asuna

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Khajiit
    Nightblade
    There is great options out there for all 4 classes, but the question still remains for many what class will give the most and sadly no matter how you avoid it those two classes will have the most potential in terms of damage :(

I plan on tanking at some point as a night blade, but Dragonknight will be a bit more effective at it :( still thou they did a great job at making sure you can explore other options.
  11. Thorgrum

Thorgrum Invoker

Teso Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    High Elf
    Sorcerer
    Isende has a fair point its a little sad we are already at this point but envitably all MMO's and its players get here. There are a lot of builds and the diversity is going to be rich but in the end people want to know the best of "X" its just human nature.

I was doing some silly damage with a dual weild Khajiit nightblade going into the assasin line. Had a Bosmer nightblade as well, want to test bow play, he hit pretty dam hard too. Hard to argue against the night blade as the single target dps king.