Feature The Marketplace How To

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by vexx, Mar 26, 2014.

1. vexx

vexx Dungeon Keeper Staff Member

Teso Elite
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Dark Elf
    Dragonknight
    Welcome to The Marketplace.

The Marketplace system is a pretty straightforward system, so here are the general instructions into using our system. Keep in mind that as we go along, the marketplace will get more features, which will be added in this thread.

Viewing

How do I check for items?

Each item will be posted by the trader in its own thread. You'll notice that each thread will have a label prefix, that defines the type of trade and the server. The labels are:

WTB - Want to Buy
    WTS - Want to Sell
    WTT - Want to Trade

For each of these labels you'll see a corresponding EU or US, depending on the mega server. If you want to filter all trades by WTB - US for example, you just have to click on the label and the forum will be filtered like this:

filters.png

We're gonna add more filters as we go along but at the moment, this will serve as a good basic start.

Feedback

You'll notice that in every thread located in the Marketplace, each trader will have 3 colored boxes in its member card (under the avatar). Also, each member will get his own trading stats tab under his Profile Page (image below). Each of these boxes represent:

greeen - number of positive feedback received
    red - number of negative feedback received
    grey - neutral feedback

lazz.png

Let's take Laz for example. Laz is a suspicious seller and he already received one negative feedback, as you can see from the trading thread:

laz-feedback.png

If we want to further check the trader, let's see what was the feedback about. Clicking on the negative feedback, will get us to Laz's general trade page:

laz-trades.png
    As you can see, we can click on the feedback, see what's all about and visit the deal thread (in case you're checking Laz's trade profile from his profile page). The same applies to every feedback received.

Keep in mind that you can't leave any feedback if you didn't replied to that thread in any way. Also, when leaving feedback you have to choose:

- your role
    - feedback type
    - the trade url (thread link)
    - feedback info

feedz.png

Creating a sale/trade

Creating a trade, it's a pretty simple process and involves the following (as seen in the images below):

create-trade.png

- choosing the right forum category for the sale (ex. Weapons)
    - adding the correct trade label and server (ex. WTS - US, WTB -EU etc)
    - choosing the correct variables for the auction as following:

- Server: EU or US (for future filtering purposes)
    - Platform: PC/Mac, Xbox One, PS4
    - In-Game Contact: char name or id for contacting the seller/buyer in-game
    - Starting Bid: the starting bid for the action (numerical only)
    - Price: the buyout price (numerical only)

Some of the variables are mandatory, such as Server and Platform while others are optional. We STRONGLY advise to create a detailed auction by completing all the necessary fields and descriptions. If you don't, users will have a hard time seeing your wares.

We're pushing more and more filters/variables as we go along so keep in mind that this thread is a rather brief explanation of the system.

You can also FREE BUMP your sales once per 24hrs using the "Bump" link at the bottom of your thread post.

Once the sale ended, you can LOCK the thread using the Thread Tools dropdown menu from the upper right part of the thread (near Unwatch Thread) checking the "Open" option.

lock.png

Mediators

Soon, we're adding mediators to the marketplace to further prevent scams. The mediators will help you in your trades (if you request their services) for free, for a Elite Gold fee or in-game gold fee. Each mediator will have its own Feedback, as every other trader.

Disputes

All the disputes will be handled off-thread, by submitting a PM to @TEdisputes. The PM must include detailed informations about your problem, including screenshots with the possible conversations you have with the buyer/seller. If you feel that somebody left you an unfair negative feedback, use the same contact information.

Rules and Policies

1. Don't try to scam people - you're be banned on the forums permanently and reported in-game
    2. Don't create fake auctions
    3. Try to be as descriptive as you can in your auctions, users have the right to report you if they find your activities fishy.
    4. Behave, even when you bargain.
    5. The trades will have as currency ONLY IN-GAME GOLD. Any other type of currency used (including Elite Gold), will get your thread insta-deleted. Abusing this will get you a ban.

As always, if you have any feedback or bugs, please use this thread. Thanks!
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  2. Jose Rodriguez

Jose Rodriguez Master

Aldmeri Dominion
    Wood Elf
    Nightblade
    WoW this seems well planned and it will be popular fast. I believe that for better gear/item detail a screen shot of the item should be added to the Thread when you post the item ;) That will give people a visual of what they are buying and avoid any "miss type" information that could lead in to a bad review/feedback ;)

(Just a tip for sellers/traders) :)
    Kittykatchlo, Valdez and vexx like this.
  3. Valdez

Valdez Master

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Redguard
    Nightblade
    Gimmie yo gold.

Just kidding, good work buddy! Keep it up.

@Jose Rodriguez
    Yes indeed good sir, pictures make the world go round. They also make your selling item feel more professional and thus a more positive view of it.
    Plus everyone loves pictures. Why do you think picture books sell so well. GIMMIE MO PICTURES! lol
    Jose Rodriguez likes this.
  4. Laz

Laz Community Whats-It-Does-It Staff Member

I'm always getting into trouble even in serious offers... :oops:

:D Enjoy the market place guys! I'm excited to see how you all use it!
    Malariawest, stevenonce and Isende like this.
  5. Asuna

Asuna PvE Leader TE Supporter

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Khajiit
    Nightblade
    Very nice feature!
  6. Jose Rodriguez

Jose Rodriguez Master

Aldmeri Dominion
    Wood Elf
    Nightblade
    Well the day we have 4000400040004000400040004000 gold that item will be useless for us lol
    muddsmoke likes this.
  7. Valdez

Valdez Master

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Redguard
    Nightblade
    You didn't even say anything about the item!! lol
  8. Laz

Laz Community Whats-It-Does-It Staff Member

It was in the title! I swear!
  9. Asuna

Asuna PvE Leader TE Supporter

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Khajiit
    Nightblade

Still need more info then the title! jeez >.<
  10. Garbrac

Garbrac Self-Proclaimed Know-It-All Staff Member

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Breton
    Templar
    Horrible seller. Never buy anything from him.
  11. Valdez

Valdez Master

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Redguard
    Nightblade
    Right? He is trying to further his ginger army! :eek:
    stevenonce likes this.
  12. Kaleka

Kaleka Moderator

TESO Elite (US), Reapers (EU)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sorcerer
    wow really looking forward to using the marketplace. Thank you so much for introducing this. Will be a huge help especially to us crafters ;)

Question about Mediators, will there be an application or a way to volunteer to become one? I would be very interesting in learning more about it.

Keep up the awesome work!
  13. Isende

Isende Magister TE Supporter

Aldmeri Dominion
    High Elf
    Dragonknight
    i have one question: given that the servers are broken up into eu/us, and THEN into platform; if i, a us pc seller, make a sale to someone on a ps4 server, will i be able to get that person the item?

edit: i always forget to say things like this before asking my question!

fantastic work, @vexx -- keep it up and thank you!
  14. Valdez

Valdez Master

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Redguard
    Nightblade
    No, there is no way to communicate cross-platform.
  15. Jose Rodriguez

Jose Rodriguez Master

Aldmeri Dominion
    Wood Elf
    Nightblade
    You cant communicate with Platforms or with another megaserver, meaning that you can only sell thru your platform and within your megaserver.
  16. Isende

Isende Magister TE Supporter

Aldmeri Dominion
    High Elf
    Dragonknight
    well, that is kinda the point of my post. this forum/site is cross-platform; do we need the marketplace further separated for that?
    Telumendil likes this.
  17. Jose Rodriguez

Jose Rodriguez Master

Aldmeri Dominion
    Wood Elf
    Nightblade
    I believe you will have no problem because the Thread itself will have the platform and server included before its name.
  18. Valdez

Valdez Master

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Redguard
    Nightblade
    I don't think you understood what I meant.
    While you could sell something here, say your a PC player. A PS4 player could in fact try to buy it. It would still be impossible to send the item from your PC toon to their PS4 toon. The site doesn't facilitate that barrier. The only one who could possibly do that would be ZoS.

The forum is a medium, not an actual integrated part of the game. You can offer things here being for sale. People can offer to buy it but you would still have to handle the actual trade in-game by meeting your potential buyer and still be able to trade them. Now, as for factions this may pose a problem still. You may be able to mail it to the person if they are on a different faction but I'm not sure how that will work. It could be faction locked as much as it is Platform/Server locked.
  19. Bowstripe

Bowstripe Master

Daggerfall Covenant
    Redguard
    Dragonknight
    I really want it though D: Totally worth breaking the ESO system to buy it!

Thank you guys for the awesome system! And vexx for getting to post about it/probably slave-driving the team because he loves updates.
  20. vexx

vexx Dungeon Keeper Staff Member

Teso Elite
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Dark Elf
    Dragonknight
    yes, I'm a bit narcissistic with the updates - and i post them always in front of a mirror, to see myself type with a grin :D

..unless I hate them which is probably true :D
    Malariawest, Avalonfaye and Messy1 like this.