Light armor Templar (dps and heal)

Discussion in 'Templar' started by Pocpoc, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Pocpoc

Pocpoc Initiate

Hello guys. I was wondering if any of you played a templar with light armor on spells skill tree and heal. Is it working good compared to a 2h weapon templar in heavy armor ?
    I'm asking because I would love to make one (since I was also a paladin fan in WoW) and from what I've read, on heal, light armor is great with its skills. Basically I want to avoid 2 gear sets (1 heavy armor for dps and 1 light armor for heal) by going on spell dmg.

Any thoughts on this ?
    Cobra88 and Marianus like this.
  2. Izathe

Izathe Invoker

Aldmeri Dominion
    Wood Elf
    Nightblade
    I was trying this with my second char but I only got to lvl 6 so it's too early to tell. First I thougth that a healer in heavy armor is badass but then I thought again and I choose to go light because of the magicka regen, and the spells costing less to cast. I think it's crucial to a healer to have enough magicka but as I said I did not get far with the testing.
  3. Tipti

Tipti Adept

Fighters
    Aldmeri Dominion
    High Elf
    Templar
    I've tried a templar in light armour and it was very effective with a restoration staff. I switched between the healer skill tree and the ranged dps tree
  4. alexe

alexe Brewmaster Staff Member

Daggerfall Covenant
    High Elf
    Sorcerer
    I played my Templar like this from the start; Dawn’s Wrath (with fire or cold staff) as dps and Restoring Light + resto staff at lvl 15. It was ok and I could make all quests etc with no real problems. After a while I wanted to try 2h + heavy armor as dps on Aedric Spear tree and I must say it felt easier and more enjoyable ... but ofc that may be a personal preference :)

Anyway, bottom line is that you can lvl very good on both dps specs.
    Marianus and Izathe like this.
  5. Cobra88

Cobra88 Invoker TE Supporter

Aldmeri Dominion
    High Elf
    Dragonknight
    I am more than likely going to say this on other threads @ some point, please forgive me if i do.
    I do need to scream it this time though, sorry in advance for caps.

I CAN NOT WAIT TO PLAY!!!

I never got to trying the Templar yet.
    though I will definitely be trying one next time I can play, and if it is as good as I hear it is.
    It will be my main character.