Leveling in ESO

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics' started by stoutn007, Mar 6, 2014.

1. stoutn007

stoutn007 Novice

How do recommend leveling in ESO? Is there an efficient "grind", or should I just be doing all the quests/exploring as much as I can? Any details on what stuff I get XP for in ESO? I'd like to level a little quicker next beta or on release because I have yet to play the PVP and I'm interested in getting a first hand look at it.
    Decompresion likes this.
  2. Adicon

Adicon Disciple

Elderblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    High Elf
    Sorcerer
    Quest XP>Exploration XP>Grinding mobs XP
  3. Pantsukime

Pantsukime Wizard

Aldmeri Dominion
    Breton
    Nightblade
    Just tell him that everything will make him level faster. You can try to join some groups who are going into some dungeons and just keep standing in the background you will get the xp if you just stay in range of the group. But to be honest i were only in 2
    groups, the first i played with a streamer on the second time with some strangers who grinded some special items for their classes :/ ~Desu
    CutPulzAder likes this.
  4. Adicon

Adicon Disciple

Elderblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    High Elf
    Sorcerer
    Oh yeah I had forgot to mention you get an XP boost for being in a group with someone.
  5. Trusted_Dwarf

Trusted_Dwarf Disciple

Ebonheart Pact
    Argonian
    Sorcerer
    Just kill lot of stuff.
  6. Trusted_Dwarf

Trusted_Dwarf Disciple

Ebonheart Pact
    Argonian
    Sorcerer
    and do quest`s
  7. Isende

Isende Magister TE Supporter

Aldmeri Dominion
    High Elf
    Dragonknight
    you know, it's funny you ask this question. my husband and i spent time exploring and following all the myriad quest lines we found, and every now and then it was like, "oh! i dinged!" grinding mobs ain't gonna cut it ... exploration/quests will do ya lots of good.
  8. Decompresion

Decompresion Disciple

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Imperial
    Templar
    I recommend using a addon to see you XP bar ...that way you can find out what works for you and who knows you may find more ways to bump the bar up . For me without seeing it like when i was new to the beta . It seemed like lvling was so slow not that i would mind because it seems like a lot of MMO's let you lvl to fast for my taste . but anyhow I found the addon for the xp bar and i was like "oh ok" doing this gives me more than that ect ect .
    stoutn007 likes this.
  9. Laz

Laz Community Whats-It-Does-It Staff Member

Private dungeons/public dungeons, quests.
    Cobra88 likes this.
  10. Glorion

Glorion Invoker

Aldmeri Dominion
    High Elf
    Templar
    And dont forget the XP boost you will get from rings of Mara, comes with Imperial edition. Personally this will be my first mmo where I do not chase the level cap since I found so many things to enjoy on the way to cap and I do not want to miss it!
    stoutn007 and Decompresion like this.
  11. Ryan Roark

Ryan Roark Adept

Nords of The North
    Ebonheart Pact
    Nord
    Dragonknight
    If you want to level fast do quest they personal are the fast way, or dungeons they are one other way to level up too and you get good gear.
  12. RealSergebot

RealSergebot Initiate

Ebonheart Pact
    Quests are definitely the fastest but nothing beats a nice dungeon.
  13. RedSatyr

RedSatyr Spellwright

TESO Elite (US), Ravenguard, ESOTR
    Ebonheart Pact
    High Elf
    Sorcerer
    That's pretty much it. To find a lot of quests, you'll have to explore. And that'll likely involve killing things as you get around. Leveling is not difficult. I find it to be a very good pace, not too slow and not too fast. As long as you're completing quests as you explore, you should be fine.
  14. Cobra88

Cobra88 Invoker TE Supporter

Aldmeri Dominion
    High Elf
    Dragonknight
    I completely agree
  15. Adicon

Adicon Disciple

Elderblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    High Elf
    Sorcerer
    I'd also would like to point out that ESO requires the player to go out and explore in order to find the quest unlike other MMO's. There will be no travel here quest and upon arrival pickup 20 quests for the area, you will need to look at your map and travel to undiscovered areas to find new quest givers. I have heard some people in game say their level X and have no more quests to level but it's only because they have yet to explore outside of the main cities.

Another tip I can offer is if you see a cave or whatever just go in and explore, you'll find quests and usually a skyshard waiting for the curious ones. If you wait for a quest to tell you to go in you'll lose out.
  16. Devetos

Devetos Invoker

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    High Elf
    Templar
    kind of a side question about levelling:
    In ESO, does crafting give you Level XP, or only XP for the specific crafting skill line?
  17. LordSoth67

LordSoth67 Invoker

Daggerfall Covenant
    Wood Elf
    Nightblade
    Crafting levels what ever you are crafting in, blacksmithing, clothing, alchemy etc.
  18. Jaddoo

Jaddoo Novice

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sorcerer
    Crafting gives you what the Devs call "Inspiration" - so does NOT give you levelling XP > From the Q&A
  19. Devetos

Devetos Invoker

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    High Elf
    Templar
    Thanks. This is what i thought but was just wondering. like in GW2 (i think it gives way to much but...) you earn level xp as well as crafting xp, and was just wondering how it was in ESO