How to reset your class/skills in ESO

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics' started by raynor, Apr 11, 2013.

1. raynor

raynor Adept

Daggerfall Covenant
    I'm wondering if they implemented such a mechanic. I mean, many players will be new to the game and since they will know almost nothing about the classes mechanics/skills etc they'd want to reset some of them later on. Will this be possible?
    JD Dart likes this.
  2. gizmo

gizmo Initiate

Ebonheart Pact
    Zenimax stated somewhere that at max level you eventually unlock all skill trees and you can reapply the perk points...I just don't know where, maybe someone from the community who plays the Beta knows.
  3. vexx

vexx Dungeon Keeper Staff Member

Teso Elite
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Dark Elf
    Dragonknight
    You can actually reset your char skills, you just have to look for the shrines area in the major capital cities. You can find there the Shrine of Mara, Shrine of Auriel..etc. Each shrine does different things..the Shrine of Mara is for the Rings of Mara, 1 shire is for your attributes and 1 shrine for your skill points. Keep in mind that each "respec" costs an ammount of gold (first one being 1200g I think).

Basically, look on the map for the shrine icon and go there.

shrines.png
    DeHei, Isende, JD Dart and 2 others like this.
  4. Roman Naven

Roman Naven Novice

Aldmeri Dominion
    Dragonknight
    It is a little expensive to reset them but I advise doing at least once so you can really get a feel of you characters mechanics and find the best play style for you.
  5. Tholunay

Tholunay Initiate

Ebonheart Pact
    Templar
    ok can you explain further? which area is this and for which alliance cause im a nord, and the only city that has a shrine is davons watch in stonefalls and it has only shrine of mara. im lvl 18 templar and want to change a few things but when i try to go to deshaan or glenumbra it says that i lack the correct permission to transfer there! so they locked us out in beta from respec or am i blind?
  6. Almerish

Almerish Invoker

Aldmeri Dominion
    If you are in the EP you need to go to Mourhold in Deshaan. Deshaan is a level 17+ zone. If you are in the normal beta that goes up on the weekend you are locked from this and other higher level content.
  7. Tholunay

Tholunay Initiate

Ebonheart Pact
    Templar
  8. Almerish

Almerish Invoker

Aldmeri Dominion
    Ebonheart Pact the faction with Nords, Argonians, and Dunmer
  9. Deathsaint

Deathsaint Disciple

Aldmeri Dominion
    Templar
    1200g that's really expensive specially if you mess up your build specially for beginners who didn't even try beta or watched streams,i think it should be lowered a bit or at least 1 time free reset for each character...
  10. Pantsukime

Pantsukime Wizard

Aldmeri Dominion
    Breton
    Nightblade
    1200 is kinda well priced if you think about it why would someone want to reskill at lvl 10 that would be a waste but for the people who are lvl 30-40 this 1200 would be nothing just think about it. Of course you are right that for new player it will be really expensive but they should just look on the Internet and ask for adviices. Thats what i would going to do. ~Desu
  11. LordSoth67

LordSoth67 Invoker

Daggerfall Covenant
    Wood Elf
    Nightblade
    I had way more than 1,200 when I left the noobie area.
  12. Isende

Isende Magister TE Supporter

Aldmeri Dominion
    High Elf
    Dragonknight
    holy cash sink, batman! 1200g?? whoa. looks like i'll be doing rerolls as i learn the classes.
  13. Almerish

Almerish Invoker

Aldmeri Dominion
    This isn't actually true. It seems as though the higher level you get the cost of resetting increases too. At level 24 it would cost me about 3000+ to reset attributes and at 5000+ to reset skill points. Desu Desu!
  14. DeHei

DeHei Grand Master

Aldmeri Dominion
    Imperial
    Templar
    Yes thats true. I readed too, that its possible to reset your skill points autamatically with reaching the max lvl. They build-in the system just to reset your mistakes you did until reaching that lvl.
  15. Terzaghi

Terzaghi Adept

Aldmeri Dominion
    When you reset your skill points, does it reset your skill's advancement gained in each skill line ?
  16. smeeprocket

smeeprocket Spellwright

Ultraviolet
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Khajiit
    Nightblade
    I would like to know this also. I assume the skill level itself stays the same but let's say I have an ability that I have evolved and that has levels past that. Were I to put the points into the ability could I jump right back ti the evolved ability with another point and be at II or III or whatever I was at originally?
  17. Terzaghi

Terzaghi Adept

Aldmeri Dominion
    Exactly.
    I'm level 17 in blacksmithing.
    I don't mind to lose the experience in either class or weapon but I wouldn't like to start blacksmithing again.
    --- New Post Edit, Apr 15, 2014 ---
    Ok I did it in an alter character.
    Experience is kept.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  18. Almerish

Almerish Invoker

Aldmeri Dominion
    Your progress ie level 4 for spells and what not is kept until your finish allocating your skills then they are reverted back to 1. This is what i have heard i my self have as to this date not tested it.
  19. nojomojo

nojomojo Novice

I made a post on this thread showing how to reset skills and attributes: http://www.tesoelite.com/forums/threads/how-to-reset-skills-attributes.2807/

• If you reset your skills and don't have some skill points allocated yet, then you will still have those skill points to allocate when you reset your skills.
    • Morphed Skills are not decreased back to level 1 when you reset your skills. If you decide to morph the same skill after you have reseted, then the morphed skill will still have the same level from before the reset occured.
  20. skysky92

skysky92 Adept

Daggerfall Covenant
    Breton
    Sorcerer
    Woah, is that 3000g for all skills? Can you not just reset like one or two?

Sorry, I just needed a little clarification before I spend my characters college fund on fixing my horrible skill choices.