ESO Collectors Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Yukonjack, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Yukonjack

Yukonjack Invoker

As my prior raise some thoughts and concerns as we don't know whats in the Collectors Edition, lets kick it around.

What do you think would be a fair price range for it?

And what would you like to see them include in it?

I for one really would like to see maybe $90 to $100 keeping in mind the additon of the deluxe digital downloads taking up the $80 range of CEs had before.

I would like maybe an dye (or two) only for CE. Its always cool to have some a bit different but it does not effect game play. An ability for the game, which would be the same as could be got by your character but with a different graphic. Maybe even a low level item (which you would out grow by level ten). Maps of the player zones. Are some of the things I would like!

Music CD, please I hear the music enough when playing the game, last thing I want is hear it when I am not playing!

What are your thoughts!
  2. Elderstorm

Elderstorm Invoker

Daggerfall Covenant
    I think some kind of guild emblems that only owners of the CE could provide there community, also small things that would make a huge difference like keep upgrades such as cosmetic items like coats of arms, or nicely armoured guards (cosmetic of course).

The idea of spells with unique graphics is a nice concept which would encourage people to buy this to be unique, i think an exclusive mount like a jet black or snow white stead, maybe faction orientated ones like a stag for aldmeri, medieval styled horse for the bretons etc

There are a lot of interesting ideas they could use, i just want to get my moneys worth, one thing which would encourage loads to buy it and i would happily pay upto 130 would be a 1-2 day headstart, access to the game before others can officially start. A headstart even 2-3hourS would get my vote and my money :)
  3. vexx

vexx Dungeon Keeper Staff Member

Teso Elite
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Dark Elf
    Dragonknight
  4. Elderstorm

Elderstorm Invoker

Daggerfall Covenant
    Looks like a warhammer model! does look good though, and if they include that i will love them, but i think that model is very wishfull thinking! i think a elder scroll replica like the one in the official lore videos would be great and let us buy the stand, i would be quite happy with that. Another thing i would like to see is a talent tree breakdown on a poster of some sorts for quick referencing or something similar with all the hotkeys :)
  5. LatinLegacy

LatinLegacy Master TE Supporter

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Khajiit
    Nightblade
    Expected price - $149.99

* Official Soundtrack - Rip to MP3 ASAP!
    * Art Book - We'll take great pleasure in viewing it during our break from the game. 95% odds of that break being on the crapper.
    * 7 Day Head Start - We'll get to run into the bugs first! :D
    * In Game Items - Helm of Crap, Gauntlets of Suck, Ring of a god we never heard of - All useful items.... for one hour.
    * Epic looking statue to add to the our other statues that decorate our man cave. Man cave status gains 5 points!

-LatinLegacy
    alexe likes this.
  6. alexe

alexe Brewmaster Staff Member

Daggerfall Covenant
    High Elf
    Sorcerer
    The 7 Day Head Start and that statue sounds great ! :)
    LatinLegacy likes this.
  7. Sandman

Sandman Invoker

Daggerfall Covenant
    Soundtrack is a big plus for me. A high quality map, a high end CE dye would be nice but have armor dyes been confirmed? I'd like an extra high capacity in game bag. A in game non combat pet, and maybe a hall of heroes plaque somewhere in the world that would get inscribed with the character names of everyone who bought the collectors edition.
  8. Garbrac

Garbrac Self-Proclaimed Know-It-All Staff Member

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Breton
    Templar
    I want a cloth Map. not just a 8.5x11inch I want a poster size cloth map. Everything else will be added fluff in my eyes to that.
    Keihndeth and Sandman like this.
  9. Nathan Jensen

Nathan Jensen Adept

Daggerfall Covenant
    I have to get all the collector items to stick behind me for when I Podcast. :D
    Eldric Elderstorm likes this.
  10. Elderstorm

Elderstorm Invoker

Daggerfall Covenant
    show off :p
  11. Yukonjack

Yukonjack Invoker

So Vexx $500 is what your are willing to spend? :rolleyes:

Some great ideas all. On the statue, only one I would want would be an Altmer or Breton female wear very limited armor. :D

vexx, yes I am old, but I am not dead! :cool:
  12. Scarlux

Scarlux Novice

Aldmeri Dominion
    I would like to see a map of similar style to the one you got in Skyrims box, apart from that, I immagine it would include a soundtrack, house-mat and other things of similar sorts.

Unless they were to go with a Rift approach and offer a tonne of cosmetic stuff, with mounts and pets also.
  13. Simsin

Simsin Disciple

A statue aint for me... but a map... that would make me consider buy collectors edition.
  14. Yukonjack

Yukonjack Invoker

Would love to see maps also, but I am afraid that other then a small size world map, we won't get them. I think the agreement they will the company who will come out with the guide will have rights to put out the maps for their guides. :(
    Eldric Elderstorm likes this.
  15. Elderstorm

Elderstorm Invoker

Daggerfall Covenant
    I love strategy guides for MMO's, they are such a nice addition, and as im working a lot of the time, it would give me something to do during my breaks and dinners, a little reading material, also those tips and tricks sections are great for game release before things like that becomes common knowledge, including a hardback guide like the final fantasy one for ff11 would be great as that was like a old brown tome with runes engraving it, was a nice purchase, one i have since looked after.
  16. Nathan Jensen

Nathan Jensen Adept

Daggerfall Covenant
    Haha of course! Got to love showing off :)
  17. monster

monster Initiate

I hope they won't give early access for the collectors edition, that would be an in-game advantage over the others players. Some mount would be great tho.
    Yukonjack likes this.
  18. Yukonjack

Yukonjack Invoker

Most likely monster, early access will be for all those who preorder!
  19. Pocpoc

Pocpoc Initiate

I this game with be a p2p game, I just hope they wont give any items that have any influence on the game-play; not even xp items. Even if I will probably go with collectors edition, I just don't think that's fair. That ofc, if it will be p2p ... f2p it's something totally different.
  20. LatinLegacy

LatinLegacy Master TE Supporter

TESO Elite (US)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Khajiit
    Nightblade
    I think the head start is a given since almost every major developer that releases a new MMO has a 3-7 day head start attached to the pre-order. I would expect TESO to be no different. They also do it to iron any last minute game & server issues under the cover of the game not officially being launched yet. When launch day does come around, there is a much better chance that things will run much smoother & the starting zones will experience much less clutter.

-LatinLegacy
    vexx likes this.