TESO Elite Podcast Episode 12 – Surprisiode

Garbrac May 28, 2014 8 Comments » Share

onhorse

Cast will be @Garbrac, @Keihndeth, @Dr_Chainsaw, @Cruxio

The show will be Tuesday May 27th at 9:00pm EDT (-4:00 GMT)

• Show Intro
  • Staff Introductions + What have you been up this last week
  • Hot Topics of the week
    • CRAGLORN!!!
    • Nightblade’s Lack of Group Viability
    • Trials – Too Short?
    • Zenimax – Communication, or lack of at times.
    • Customer Support – Could it be better?”
  • Shameless Plugs

Stats

13 Participants
15650 entries total
7248 items donated
total gold received 37,800

1. Keihndeth May 29, 2014 at 1:00 am

Folsom letting you know? haha

2. Garbrac May 29, 2014 at 12:02 am

I'm telling you ZOS Devs watch our show and take our feedback. Everything we've complained about as been addressed or been commented on.

COME ON LONGER TRIALS!

3. Keihndeth May 28, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Fair points indeed. @Garbrac , you've found @Cruxio 's replacement! lol

4. Valdez May 28, 2014 at 8:20 pm
    Keihndeth

… but the big trial and the small trial were added at the same time. If they do that every 3-4 months, are you saying that you wouldn't be satisfied with that?

Not exactly. I'm saying the small one by itself is useless and could just be removed entirely. It will just burn people out too fast and not even be fun or worth it anymore. The large one I was on the fence for. It depends on how many bosses it was and how fast the average group runs it. 3-4 bosses at about 1hr is a pretty fair and standard pace.

Now if they did multiple small ones, let you pick only one to run every day that would keep things fresher and more interesting in the long run. Otherwise you might as well scrap it and add another boss to the big trial. Anything else will just burn people out on it and it will become boring tedious work that not very many people enjoy.

I mean, think of it this way, if it takes more time to find a group for a 12 man trial and get prepped and ready than it does to run it some of the time.. that is poor design.

5. Keihndeth May 28, 2014 at 8:13 pm
    Valdez
    Keihndeth

@Valdez Right. My point, however, was that if new Trials come out every 3 or 4 months you're going to have a hard time getting tired of that tier of content because at best you'll have run it 16 times. Now compare that to WoWs last raid patch that will have been out for over a year before Warlords of Draenor and compare the amount of content. Make sense?

Well that is for the big trial. I was reffering to the smaller one that you can do daily. That is 90-120 times of running it which is the equivalent of like 2 years of a wow raid to keep the scale.

6. Valdez May 28, 2014 at 7:51 pm
    Keihndeth

7. Keihndeth May 28, 2014 at 7:43 pm
    Valdez

Keihn, getting content every 3-4 months is great and all. However I really don't think Min-Maxers will be running the older ones anymore. Because if things continue progressing up new tiers, chances are the old tiers will be forgotten by people that have already done them.

Now, my opinion about the timed thing is that I think the 10m trial is too short. Yes, I understand it is a different dynamic but if they are only releasing one of them every 3-4 months that you can do every day. That will just get burnt out so fast and people will grow tired of it faster and faster. I mean who wants to run the exact same trial every single day. That just gets old. If they had 3-5 of them and you could pick one of them to do each day. Sure, that would be ideal.

Now for the big trial, my question is, how long does it take the average group. Another thing is how many bosses are there in each of these? I haven't played them myself. But in my opinion, about 3-4 bosses should take an hour for an average group. Maybe slightly longer than an hour. So if they are only 3-4 bosses for the long one. Well that would be fine in my opinion.

Now this is all entirely dependent upon the fact that any new content being a higher tier of gear. If it becomes the same tier for a little while, say like 2-3 of these patches worth of content, then it changes everything.

Just my thoughts guys.