Ban Hammer Hits Hard

April 11, 2014 9 Comments » Share

Jessica Folsom, took to the forums to inform the community that Zenimax has a firm stance on those who want to cheat within the Elder Scrolls Online. The game has been out for not even two weeks and we’re seeing reports of thousands of accounts being banned. This is one of the most exciting things to see. I am glad to be supporting a game that has such a strong belief and no tolerance policy when it comes to those that want to take advantage of the community.

Posted By: Jessica_Folsom
Today, we made our first major strike against those who choose to cheat in ESO, permanently banning thousands. This is only the beginning of our ongoing efforts to keep the game free from botters, speed hackers, and gold spammers. We want to thank everyone who has sent in-game reports about these individuals in ESO—your reports helped us identify many of the accounts we banned today. Please continue to report any botters, gold spammers, and speed hackers you see in-game, and we’ll continue our efforts to keep them out of Tamriel.

1. Morwandil April 12, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Hang'em high!

2. Messy1 April 12, 2014 at 12:33 pm

They need to keep dropping the hammer and make gold spamming and botting so unprofitable that the invasion ceases. It will be bloody carnage for a while, but we shall prevail!!! Are there any bots in PvP? We could start a bot kill count thread. Lol, divines help us if a bot ever becomes emperor :(

3. Messy1 April 12, 2014 at 9:11 am

I encountered a low level dungeon bot today the characters name was nnaatteeyy that should have been my first tip off. It was very convincing for a while that it might be a real person, but then after our 3rd dungeon it glitched and kep repeating "Want to do another dungeon?" "Who wants another run?" Or something like that. It like spammed those things even after I said no. It must have been using the grouping tool to insert itself in parties. It was really convincing up until the end.

4. Fitfit April 12, 2014 at 1:09 am

This is really going too far …
    I guess there are no limits when there is money.
    You have my support against these people/bots !

5. RedSatyr April 11, 2014 at 9:49 pm

6. ZeroNeonix April 11, 2014 at 4:45 pm

This is good, but it seems that some people are being permanently banned without cause, and it's taking them a long time to fix it.

7. Mephisto April 11, 2014 at 3:57 pm

I'm really happy to hear this, just wish I could see the faces of those account owners.

8. Shelleg3s April 11, 2014 at 3:47 pm

I reported a couple spammers in chat (spamming a random website). What the heck are gold spammers?

9. Talos April 11, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Creating a quality pay for experience on ban at a time!! Good stuff